C&W Business To Offer Cisco Collaboration As A Service Over Its MPLS Networks
Posted July 28th, 2016
Includes Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS) for the Contact Center, becoming the first partner to offer this service over its facilities across the Caribbean and Latin American region
C&W Business, a division of Cable & Wireless Communications Plc (CWC), today announces that it will offer Cisco® Unified Communications as a Service over its multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) network to its customers across the Caribbean and Latin American region.
The C&W Business portfolio will also include the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS) for the Contact Center. C&W Business will become the first supplier in the Caribbean and Latin America to offer a contact center in the cloud, which represents a more agile, efficient, flexible and scalable contact center solution.
Cisco HCS is a next-generation unified communications and collaboration platform for partners who want to offer unique Cisco collaboration technologies using hosted and managed models. By consuming collaboration services from the cloud, organizations have the flexibility to choose the collaboration applications specific to their requirements.
Cisco HCS will be hosted at the C&W Business data centers and will be delivered to customers over C&W Communications’ world-class, SIP-enabled fiber IP (terrestrial and submarine) fault-tolerant networks, covering over 48,000 kilometers of fiber across the Caribbean and Latin American region, allowing C&W Business to deliver highly secure and reliable data, voice and video services efficiently to its customers.
C&W Business will offer customers:
- Cisco’s Unified Communications and Collaboration solutions, which include voice and video communications, mobility, messaging, presence, and contact center. These services also enable web and videoconferencing.
- Access to cloud-based resources in a fast and easy way so customers can mobilize faster than with traditional models.
- Predictable per-user monthly costs without having to incur upfront capital expenditure investments.
- Ability to easily scale service levels up or down to address seasonal needs.
- Deployment of different license types to individuals across work groups or departments as required.
- Elimination of the costs and problems of equipment maintenance and software upgrades.
“In today’s changing world, multiple organizations are demanding new and more efficient ways to collaborate, improve user productivity and enhance customer experiences. By partnering with Cisco, we are further empowering our customers by delivering and managing a cloud services solution to meet their needs. We are pleased to have Cisco’s endorsement and excited to be implementing the first Cisco HCS for Contact Center in the Caribbean and Latin America and bring CCaaS and UCaaS across the region.”
– Daniel Peiretti, SVP Product Development, C&W Business
In addition, existing Cisco collaboration customers can migrate their “on premises” solution into this cloud and maintain their investment in licensing. C&W Business is a Cisco Gold Certified Partner with specializations in Advanced Collaboration Architecture, Advanced Data Center Architecture and Cisco Managed Service Provider, among others.